Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Thailand Chronicles: Madame Tussauds Bangkok



Madame Tussauds in Bangkok was  on our list of  must-see places in the city of Angels. And we were not disappointed in the number of notable wax figures that took our breath away as  the figures in display was really life-like in quality, take for example the wax figure of Princess Di at the left. 


At first, Mr. OSG and I were even scared to look let alone pose next to the wax figures since they were literally like the real thing frozen in time to gaze at the amused spectators such as ourselves. Even the facial hairs were visible and the eyes... well.... looking at them makes you feel as if at any moment, you might see them blink. hehe.. talk about being eerie at first. They were carbon copied even to the last wrinkle. 

Our fascination with each of the famous people on display here were so great, it took us hours to complete touring the entire area. 

Of course, I wanted a photo-ops with each one including Mr. Einstein here who really looks like he was about to teach me a thing or two about his famous equation and share his knowledge of the universe with me. 


It was also a wonderful experience pretending to be royalty next to England's most revered monarch standing next to my throne. I forgot to mention that at some of the stops, there are costumes and accessories beside the wax figures, so we just helped ourselves to them so our photo-ops seem right off a magazine page.


Even Mr. OSG had his moment posing as... I was supposed to say one of the Asian presidents and prime ministers but really, he was posing more like a wax figure himself. :)


I would never forget having the chance to sit (well stand to be precise and act as Mr President's secretary here) inside the Oval office. God only knows if I will ever really have the chance in my lifetime to see the "actual Oval office" so we didn't let this chance slip by.


Below is a picture of Madame Tussaud herself working on a wax figure of Mr. OSG. :) Wouldn't you say the likeness is uncanny? hehe


Madame Tussauds is located at the Siam Discovery, 6th Floor, 989 Rama 1 Road, Pathumwan, Bangkok.

They are open daily from 10am to 9pm. Last admission is at 8pm.  During peak season the attraction usually stays open later or open earlier as needed. But they advise visitors to call ahead for updated operating times.

Admissions is 800 baht for adults and 600 baht for senior citizens/child

Insider tip for you: check in advance the ticket price so you don't go paying for more since we got our tickets for only 650baht at the Siam Paragon ticket stand. What can I say, haggling in Thailand is a way of life. :) so haggle away.

You can check out their website here

8 comments:

Unknown said...

wow...parang totoo talaga ang mga wax figures.

Gilbert Yap Tan said...

Next destination for me!

Unknown said...

hi Lito, oo they look like real! nakakatakot nga at first. :)

sir Gilbert, yup.. I think you would find lots of interesting places to visit in Thailand! looking forward to see your travel photos there. :)

Pinay Travel Junkie said...

Was able to visit Madame Tussauds in Amsterdam and Princess Di's there too. I want a photo with Einstein!

Unknown said...

@Pinay Travel Junkie... thanks for dropping by my blog dearie.. :)

jeanny said...

I've been to Madame Tussad in HK. Naubos nga yung SD card ko kc ang dami daming wax figure to photograph. :-)

You gave me an idea where to go next year on our anniv gateway :-)

Unknown said...

hi jeanny.. hehe oo nga! kami din.. ubos memory card sa dami ng photos! :) I have yet to see Madame Tussauds in HK.. so hoping we could each visit a different MT. :)

Unknown said...

thanks for visiting my blog wRey and Robby :)