Friday, December 10, 2010

Blogfest 2010 Live Blogging

I'm currently at the SOCCKSARGEN Blogfest at the posh East Asia Royale Hotel. When I say this is a first for me, I am not exaggerating being a newbie in blogging. So far the number of participant turnout is overwhelming that I consider this a success even if we are still halfway through the day.


A good number of speakers such as the likes of Prof Danilo Arao, a professor from UP Diliman Mass Communications, mentioned the importance of responsble blogging and quoted on spiderman's motto: with great powers comes great responsibility. So far, based from what I learned from the notable speakers (which I will mention one by one in another entry....back to the days of Jose Rizal's days which were limited to newspaper and book publishing, the new media need to be reminded of the power of the pen and in our case, of the blog. We can not only uplift a certain community or a person with what we write but we can also destroy with harsh words and unreliable data. Whew! suddenly blogging for me seems to be a whole new ball game. :) more to come....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you all here :)

Unknown said...

me too! :)