Sunday, October 21, 2012

Kee's Cafe and Restaurant by Jinkee Pacquiao

At first glance,you would think that Kee's Cafe is just an ordinary coffee shop just like any other coffee shops  scattered all over General Santos city. But look again, it offers a wide array of delectable dishes... Kee's Cafe is a restaurant, open 24 hours daily

Beef Roll with mushrooms in tomato puree and pesto...yum! one of my ready favorites!

Kee's Cafe is the brainchild of Ms. Jinkee Pacquiao, lovely wife of world boxing champ Manny Pacquiao. It serves not only as a coffeeshop but a restaurant which has a wide selection of yummy dishes among which are the Pacman's personal favorites.

Upon entering the restaurant, photos of the power couple line the walls. It is of course understandable since the restaurant cum coffee shop is relying heavily on its bankable owners to attract its target clientele.


Upon my visit at Kee's Cafe, Chef Nestor Palle, a chef who just came from Saipan, whipped up a few of his mean dishes which according to him will be included in the restaurant's menu come November this year. So I was touched that they invited me over to sample these sumptuous fare. First dish I tasted is the Seafood Saute, a seafood delicacy made from fish dory, shrimps with capers and olives brandished with lemon butter.  Its sweet, pungent and somewhat salty taste is something new to the palate.   


This following dish, Garlic Chicken with Mustard and Balsamic Sauce is also new to my taste. The sourness of the balsamic vinegar coupled with mustard is truly something that puts your teeth on the edge but it was just right to balance out the taste of the garlic chicken. But to be honest, this one might not be in my list of favorites from the dishes that I've tasted here so far. I'm not a fan of anything sour, sorry. hehe. 


The Japanese Harumaki, which according to Chef Nestor is originally a Vietnamese delicacy, but chef named this particular dish "harumaki" owing to the fact that in Japanese, it means "spring roll". This spring roll is a combination of julienned veggies with chicken. Another new viand to my taste, I find this one a good contender for appetizers. 


Being a meat-lover, the Pork Barbeque Spareribs with Special Sauce below became one of my easy favorites. It has a sweet, tangy taste that is prevalent to a dish such as this.  I am sure this dish will also be a hit with the kids. :) 



Expect a lot of delectable Oriental culinary masterpieces from Chef Nestor (2nd from the left) and the rest of Kee's Cafe and Restaurant's cooking staff. Take my word for it, the dishes I've sampled are just the tips of the iceberg. They still have lots of new and exciting dishes coming out so expect something distinct for the ardent dining public.


If I was surprised that Kee's Cafe is actually a restaurant, I was even more astounded to find out that they also serve cocktails! Roadhaus hotel and Kee's Cafe's operation manager informed me that to make it more formal, they will be opening a mini-bar in the hotel. So here are a few of the cocktails they will be serving: From left: The Pacman Punch (a somewhat strong concoction of 5 - yes five! - alcoholic beverage with a hint of orange which can literally knock you out as fast as the Pacman throws punches); the Counter Punch (below right, which is mostly vodka and four seasons juice, perfect for the ladies) and the Upper Cut (top right, another vodka based cocktail). 



And of course, I just have to mention that Kee's Cafe also has a number of yummy cupcakes (all flown from Manila from the kitchen of Ms. Pia Cayetano so I was told) for its diners who just want a sip of their brewed coffees. 


Kee's Cafe and Restaurant is located at Aparente St., corner Block 0, Dadiangas Heights, General Santos City. You can make reservations or inquiries by calling them at (083) 553 8888 or visit their website here.

2 comments:

Cidy said...

Itsura pa lang masarap na. Gusto ko itry yung beef roll with mushroom nila. How much kaya ito? =)

Unknown said...

hi cidz.. oo masarap food nila. I asked last time I was there kaya lang di pa daw nila na-costing yang bagong menu. But based on their current menu.. very reasonable price ng food nila. drop by one of these days!