Thursday, March 3, 2011

Bon Appetit at Cresing's

One of the things I enjoyed the most on the SEx Tour (Soccsksargen Tour) is the hospitality of our hosts especially when it comes to food. I know my waist line is groaning over the intake of too much food.. but its hard to pretend I'm on  a diet when I am faced with all these yummy food. :)

At Maitum, a local town at the province of Sarangani, we were treated to a sumptuous breakfast by our gracious host, Ms Beth Ramos-Palma Gil. We enjoyed the fried bangsi with sidings of chopped cucumber, turnips as well as the salted eggs, shells paired with three different kinds of rice. The food was washed down by glasses of lemongrass iced tea and hot turmeric beverage which I can't seem to get enough of.
 
My favorite among the fare however is the salted eggs served with tomatoes. What differentiates it from other salted eggs that's readily available in the groceries is that Cresing's salted eggs have just the right amount of saltiness. Not too much, just right. It was like eating without the guilt of destroying your liver with too much saltiness. hehe. So for this reason, I bought two trays of these for me to enjoy at home. 


I also loved the lemongrass with lemonade cold drink. It was my first time to try something like it, I was so used to the commercial iced teas sold in most eateries. It has the sweet smell of the lemongrass with the tangy sour taste of lemons. The hot turmeric on the other hand is also rich in vitamins A and C not to mention a good concoction to lower cholesterol (which I was having too much of at the time hehe) and calms nervous disorders. Its just too bad there weren't any left for us to buy and bring home.

Other than these, Cresing's has a number of must try products such as their famous rice and corn coffee, the wild turmeric powder and the black rice, brown rice, organic rice and anything to do with rice :)


Cresing's Food Products is located at Purok Namnama (no wonder their food is so nomnom good!), Maitum, Sarangani Province. You can also text your orders at +63919 3045279 or email them at cresings_maitum@yahoo.com


For more about Cresing's from another bloggers perspective, check out: The Food KioskDabawpinoy  or The Bariles' blogs.



2 comments:

mm said...

....yet another well-written entry! Shame i didn't know cresing's existed! I would have tried their products last time I was home! But thank you for sharing! your photos make mi salivate! yum! would love to have those red rice and fried bangsi for lunch! ...and yes ly, I am a proud Maitumian (",)

Unknown said...

wow thanks mm! :) next time you're home, be sure to buy the wild turmeric powder and the lemongrass tea as well. wala nyan abroad im sure.. not the same as they make it there.